COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor YG Entertainment to debut a new girl group in second half of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
They can’t even manage Blackpink properly...

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
First girl group to debut and promote with only an MV teaser

Reactions Received
KS Coins
While I’m glad trainees are getting out of the dungeon, Treasure (while it’s a bop) still only has Going Crazy...:wimwim:

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
YG can’t even properly manage the groups he already has though :lisalaugh:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Usually it's pretty normal for company to have more than one girl group, different concept to cater bit different market and/or new generation. But with YG.. they continuously have shown how they are unable to make releases for Blackpink. At least when Big Bang had long hiatuses they always came back with a bang with album, repackage, multiple mvs, long promotions.. but with Blackpink it's just minialbum with one mv when they comeback from long hiatus.

YG shouldn't debuted new group when they are struggling to even get releases with their current groups. Also I think there is also concern on what will happen to BP after new group debuts, will they start getting even less promotions and maybe fade away like 2NE1 did? :susPepe:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Blackpink comeback nowhere, Treasure debut delayed by over a year now, and they want a new girl group :lisalaugh:

If this was any other agency I'd be happy but :nayeonisdone:
How do SM and JYP manage so many groups concurrently without overly long hiatuses for the most part while YG does YG things :jisoosmh:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Unnecessary. They need to first focus on the groups they have. But then again, those poor girls most likely won't debut until 10 years later. Black Pink was supposed to debut since like 2012 and Treasure is delayed again for the hundredth time.

That aside though, I feel so bad for Black Pink. I'm seriously convinced YG did not want them to hit as big as they have. They're always finding ways to try and stunt their popularity and now they're already trying to replace them and they only have 13 original songs under their name (14 if including Jennie's solo). They debuted in 2016 and it's 2020 now. How is that acceptable? Either they weren't ever supposed to be this successful or YG has some sort of vendetta against them because I refuse to believe he actually wants them to do well at this point. He's probably not going to stop until he finally gets to debut his own version of SNSD that he has been obsessing over for the last hundred years.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
As a way way way outsider.
I wonder just how profitable BP are.
Maybe he is making so much money off them while spending very little that he is happy.
The cash flow could be that bad, would be one reason for that.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Maybe he is making so much money off them while spending very little that he is happy.
that‘s how I feel the situation is in the company tbh

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
maybe the new one will be 2NE2 :wimwim: and the songs from 2NE1 will be re-recorded

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Seems like the beginning of the end for Blackpink as if they don't comeback in April at the latest it'll be their longest hiatus and YG having even more to deal with would only make things worse.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Sucks for the fans but YGE probably has no reason to change their strategy considering how little investment they need to put into BP versus the huge returns.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Sucks for the fans but YGE probably has no reason to change their strategy considering how little investment they need to put into BP versus the huge returns.
What I don't understand is why they're more gung-ho on blowing BP's touring money on less profitable acts rather than continue to expand BP and the brand to maximize profit. I'm not saying those groups don't deserve comebacks, but the difference in effort is pretty noticable

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
:pandaannoyed: BLACKPINK debuted in 2016 and they still don't have an album, but they want a new girl group... what kind of joke is this? :lisalaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread